Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Security???

I’m almost getting used to running into these people from the past. I’ve met them in books, but now that I’m down in this rabbit hole and meeting them again in the flesh it’s a bit bizarre. I think I understand how Alice felt. At least I don’t have to deal with the Mad Hatter. Now, if someday I run into Lewis Carroll. Hmmm.
I felt a tap on my shoulder. “Pardon me. You are difficult to find.”
I turned and there was Doctor Fromm. Again.
“What?” I said.
“I think there’s one more thing you should know.”
I didn’t respond, except to look at him and wait. A good philosopher would say what was on his mind.
HE cleared his throat. “The task we must set for ourselves is not to feel secure, but to be able to tolerate insecurity.”
“Is that all?”
He nodded, gave me a wry smile, and walked away.
Down here is definitely not secure. Of course it often wasn’t on the top side either. I guess I’ll have to tolerate it.
For more insecurity, or maybe madness, depending on your point of view, here’s the link to my web page… http://www.bobwhite4stories.com .
Until next time, that’s it from The Storyman ….

No comments:

Post a Comment