Monday, September 28, 2009

September 28, 2009

An Epiphany
I don’t know how many times I’ve heard a recording of John Denver singing Rocky Mountain High without thinking about the first words of the melody. Last week they struck me. Having lived in Colorado during the time John sang his most popular tunes I found myself captivated, like he was, by the majesty of the snow capped Rockies.
The song begins: “… born in the summer of his 27th year, coming home to a place he’d never been before.” Henry John Deutschendorf, Jr had what miight be called an Epiphany when he arrived in Colorado at age twenty seven. It changed his life. It changed his song writing. He says a lot in those two terse pharases.
Those experiences are like lighthouses in the fog shrouded day after day of routine living. They lift us above the drab and give guidance to life.
I know my epiphanies. When I fell in love, when my children were born and when I realized I’d became a spinner of stories. Now, I’m waiting for the next blazing moment to intersect my life. I’m sure there’ll be one. Maybe it’ll be a story line that won’t quit, or an e-mail from my agent. For the some of my writing that’s ordinary fare check out my web site at: http://www.bobwhite4stories.com .
Until next time, that’s it from the Storyman

No comments:

Post a Comment