Monday, October 5, 2009

October 5, 2009
You’re Beautiful

Lionel watched her enter the room. He appraised her as the familiar feelings welled inside. He rose and took her hand. “You know, you’re beautiful.”
Jean made a face and pulled away. “I don’t think so. Maybe thirty or forty years ago when I had a better figure and gravity hadn’t done it’s work.”
“No,” he said. “There’s no doubt. You are beautiful.”
“To you.”
“You miss my point,” he said.
Hands on her hips she walked into his space. “And that is?”
“Thirty or forty years ago you were pretty. You had a model’s figure and a model’s face. Now, I’ve grown to know what you really are. That ‘s why I said you’re beautiful. Pretty is on the outside. Beauty comes from down deep in the soul.”
“Oh, Lionel,” she said. “I think I’m going to cry.”
“Hush now, my love.” Lionel drew her to him and kissed her.
Here’s the link to my web page: http://www.bobwhite4stories.com .
Until next time, that’s it from the Storyman ….

No comments:

Post a Comment