Monday, November 2, 2009

I Forgot

Yesterday I was reading the comics. Dagwood brought me up short. (I know... It's called 'Blondie' but I've always called it 'Dagwood') Dagwood descends the stairs at night -- He thinks I wonder what's on TV this time of night. In front of the idiot box he thinks (You know Dagwood!) A sandwich would be really good about now. In the last panel Blondie come down the stairs, views him in the recliner, sandwich in hand and says, "Did you find out what was making that noise?"
Yep! Dagwood forgot why he came down the stairs in the middle of the night. Ever done that? Forgot what you were doing... I have more times than I can count. Here's the rub... did I really forget, or did my subconscious take over because I really wanted to watch TV in the middle of the night, or perhaps it was because I really wanted that sandwich?
Hmmm... Curious mind, forgetting like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment